Friday, September 21, 2012

A blow-dry bar???

Walking back from dinner, I noticed a scad of young women in a recently renovated store front. But there was seemingly nothing there...

"Oh," my wife said, "that's the new blow-dry bar that just opened up."

Huh?


She went on to explain that many women just want to get their hair styled, in between hair cuts. This was a new one for me, follicly challenged as I am. Intrigued, I probed. Turns out a lot of women do this, but the big challenge is they need to make appointments, the salons are often booked and they don't need to get the full treatment.

Solution: a walk-in, no appointment necessary service that focuses on speed (get in, get out), often accompanied by a complementary glass of champagne; peak times are Saturday afternoons / evenings, Monday mornings and lunch times.

Client focus matters.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

lol "follicly challenged"