Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Losing the sale

My daughter, shopping for clothes for her first job, walked into an upscale store, approached a saleswoman and asked if she had any suits.

"No," she said somewhat disdainfully.


"What about some some slacks and shirts," my daughter asked.

"Nothing that would suit you," said the saleswoman, eyeing another customer who seemed more likely to spend.

My daughter, thanked her and began looking through the racks. Another saleswoman approached her and asked if she could help. My daughter explained what she was seeking, and this saleswoman helped her find some attractive, professional clothes.

As she paid for the purchases, she noticed the other customer the first saleswoman had her sights on had only purchased one blouse, v the several coordinates my daughter bought. She smiled at the first saleswoman as she left the store.

Client focus matters.

No comments: